Pages

Sunday 6 January 2013

'Twas the month after Christmas

'Twas the month after Christmas,
when all through the house,
nothing would fit me,
not even a blouse!

The cookies I'd nibbled,
 the chocolate I'd taste,
at the holiday parties
had gone to my waist.

I remember the marvellous
meals all prepared,
 the gravies and sauces,
 and the beef "nicely rared".

The wine and the stuffing balls
the bread and the cheese,
and the way I NEVER said,
"No, thank you, please."

So - away with the last
 of the sour cream dip.
 Get rid of the fruit cake,
every nibble and chip!

Every last bit of food
that I like must be banished,
  until all of the additional
"ounces" have vanished!

I won't have a Galaxy,
 not even a lick!
I'll want only to chew,
on a celery stick!

I won't have Dominoes,
 or cheesecake or pie,
 I'll munch on a carrot,
and quietly cry.

I'm hungry...
I'm lonesome.
.. and life is a bore!
But isn't that what January is for?

No comments:

Post a Comment