Pages

Thursday 27 September 2012

Goodbyes

We've had to say goodbye more times than we would have liked. Some more than others, and no matter how many times we do it, even if its for good measure, it still stings. And though we never forget what we've given up, we owe it to ourselves to keep moving forward. What we can't do is live our lives always afraid of the next goodbye, cause chances are they're not gonna stop. While the saying 'What doesn't kill you can only make you stronger' applies to most things in life, on this occasion its void. As more goodbyes are put behind us, it never gets easier, sometimes its even harder to let go. The trick is recognising when a goodbye is a good thing, when its a chance to start again... Four years ago, I had to say goodbye, to not just one person but my whole life. My choice, but still a very hard choice. The place I was living, it just wasn't what I wanted. I don't wish I was born anywhere else, I'm so proud of where I am from, but in life, as most people I strive for better. On occasion, as with most people who have moved away from their family and friends, we miss it. But we just need reminding of the reason why we did it in the first place. For most its for University, to gain an education. For others, just a change of scenery. For me,my career. I'm one for taking chances, and taking risks. I always thought that if I moved back home, that the last four years were all a waste and i'd feel like a failure. But that is not true. I'd go back, and Id be a much better person than I was, stronger, more confident. I'd go back knowing that the goodbye we all had endured, had definately been worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment